Zone3 Advance Wetsuit – "The Perfect Wetsuit for anyone just starting out in Triathlon or Open Water Swimming"
The perfect wetsuit for anybody starting out in Triathlon or Open Water Swimming, the Zone3 Advance offers all the benefits of a high-end suit at a remarkably affordable price. Not scrimping on performance, comfort or looks the Advance ensures first-time triathletes can enjoy a fast and comfortable swim without spending too much…
Despite being the cheapest entry in the Zone3 line-up, the Advance still packs a hell of a punch when it comes to performance – so much so it was awarded 2013’s Best Buy by 220 Triathlon Magazine, who commented: "It wouldn’t feel out of place against many mid-range products costing twice as much."
With all of Zone3’s signature accents built-in, including Silicon-coated Speed Cuffs and a Downwards YKK Zipper, the Zone3 Advance is a sleek and simple suit that’s a pleasure to swim in, with superb flexibility across the arms and shoulders and just right the right amount of buoyancy through the hips and torso.
Zone3 have managed to keep manufacturing costs to a minimum thanks to a neat combination of 70% Speedflo Neoprene and 30% Smooth-skin Rubber, which has allowed them to a create a top-performing suit at an entry-level price. The High Stretch 2mm Shoulder Panels offer maximum reach and flexibility, while the Spring Loaded Shoulder Design encourages a more rhythmic stroke for faster, energy-efficient swimming.
There’s also a low and comfortable neckline and a high-quality, easy-to-reach YKK Zipper to take the hassle out of putting the wetsuit on and off. And like every Zone3 suit, the Advance features Pro Speed Cuffs on the wrists and ankles so you can murder the transitions between legs.
As an entry-level race suit, or alternatively, a high performance training suit for more experienced triathletes, the Zone 3 Advance cannot be ignored. It really is the world’s most affordable performance wetsuit!
Zone 3: Find Your Escape
- Great flexibility around the shoulders and arms for comfortable and energy efficient swimming.
- Core support buoyancy panels to maintain a streamlined body position in the water and save energy.
- The use of ‘SpeedFlo’ fabric on 70% of the wetsuit to minimize drag through the water, increase speed and improve durability. The remaining 30% made from high quality rubberised smoothskin neoprene.
- Zone3’s trademark Silicone coated ‘Pro-Speed Cuffs’ on the lower legs to help increase speed of removal.
- Low and comfortable neckline.
- Fully Stitched and Glue Bonded for increased flexibility and comfort.
- High quality YKK downwards zipper making the suit easy to take on and off.
- The thickness is 2mm around the shoulders and under arms, 3mm on the chest and upper back, 4mm on the torso, legs and side panels. Please see supporting image.
- This is the perfect suit for anybody just starting out in open water swimming or triathlon or as a training suit if you want to save your best suit for racing.
- The suit has been designed with all of Zone3’s key features built-in to help ensure that you can have a fast, comfortable and enjoyable swim.
Buy Zone3 Triathlon Products from Start Fitness the UK’s largest running and fitness specialist.
Start Right. Train Right – Start Fitness.
- "Bag this great suit if you're on a budget - you'll find no reason to upgrade for a while..." Review by Triathlon Plus, May 2014
Value Quality Price
The simple, smooth design was a real pleasure to swim in, with high-stretch, 2mm shoulder panels and just the right amount of bouyancy round the torso and hips. The neck is low and comfortable, though it was a tough suit to zip up - if anything fit is a bit small, as our tester should have been at the small end of the demo suit's size range.
The cuffs are snug and don't let water in and, as with all Zone3 suits, the Pro-Speed Cuffs on the lower legs made it an absolute cinch to get off in a hurry. A great value suit." (Posted on 16/05/2014)