|Finance Term||Interest||Cost P/M||Total|
TO APPLY FOR FINANCE PLEASE
ADD TO CART AND CHECKOUT
Zipp 303 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Wheelset
The 303 made history by becoming the first carbon wheelset to win cycling’s two most famous Cobbled Classics, Paris-Roubaix and the Tour of Flanders. Its wider rim provided extra durability, and improved aerodynamics. That wider rim also led to the development of our revolutionary Firecrest® platform, and now the revolution has come full circle.
The 303 has been completely redesigned with Firecrest® shaping. The Carbon Clincher preserves the aerodynamic advantages of its tubular brother, while adding the convenience of a clincher tire. And at just 1570g, it’s light enough to climb up the steepest gradients with ease.
Two decades at the forefront of aero research mean that Zipp wheels are still the gold standard in performance. Pioneering research conducted by Zipp themselves and validated in the real world by a host of elite riders means you can be sure that every Zipp wheel will give you a tangible advantage. Aerodynamic wheels are faster for every rider, at every speed.
- Firecrest shaping optimizes the aerodynamic profile of both the front half and the back half of the wheel.
- Firecrest moves the center of pressure of the wheel backwards, giving the 45 mm-deep rim the crosswind stability of a box-section rim.
- 26.4 mm-wide brake track (at center) allows the clincher tire to take on a wider, more stable shape without compromising rolling resistance.
- Exposed spoke nipples sit in the aerodynamic shadow of the rims, keeping serviceability simple without compromising speed.
- ABLC™ rim dimples squeeze every last second of performance possible.
- Zipp has refined its venerable 88/188 hubset, reshaping the hub body and pushing the non-drive-side flange and bearing out by 7.5 mm on the rear hub to increase overall stiffness and strength.
- New for 2014, the 188/V9 hub has larger precision Swiss steel bearings for increased durability.
- The 188/V9 has 25 percent more torsional stiffness than a leading competitive hub.
- New “virtual 3 cross” lacing on both sides of rear wheel improves stiffness, achieving 3 cross stiffness in a 2 cross pattern with a new spoke geometry.
- New for 2014 wheels, the fully die cut matte White rim decals are borderless, thinner and lighter.
- 11-speed compatible.
- This wheelset is not tubeless compatible.
- Use 20mm rim tape with this wheelset.
- Hubs: 88 front, 188/V9 rear.
- Spokes: 18 front, 24 rear.
- Cassette compatibility: Shimano/SRAM.
- Weights: 1570g (pair), 700g (front), 870g (rear).
|Manufacturer Colour||Black/White Decals|