|Finance Term||Interest||Cost P/M||Total|
TO APPLY FOR FINANCE PLEASE
ADD TO CART AND CHECKOUT
The Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Wheelset is all about aiming higher. They took their classic 202 wheelset -- the legendary climber’s companion -- and transformed it into a stiff, lightweight and aerodynamic speed weapon ideal for every road you travel. That’s the power of Firecrest and Carbon Clincher technologies.
Two decades at the forefront of aero research mean that Zipp wheels are still the gold standard in performance. Pioneering research conducted by Zipp themselves and validated in the real world by a host of elite riders means you can be sure that every Zipp wheel will give you a tangible advantage. Aerodynamic wheels are faster for every rider, at every speed.
- The Zipp® 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher retains the classic 32 mm rim depth of its predecessor though, with the Firecrest profile, now has a wider 25.4 mm max rim width.
- Firecrest rims have a near-constant width from brake track to spoke bed to improve aerodynamics and better control airflow.
- The Firecrest rim shape improves stability by moving the wheel’s centre of pressure to sit almost directly over the steering axis, where wind-produced steering torque has a minimal effect.
- Zipp’s exclusive resin, based on materials used in motorsports braking systems, effectively tolerates the incredible spikes in heat caused by braking to provide you with reliability and stopping power.
- Combine with Tangente Platinum brake pads and you have unmatched performance, all with the ease of use of a clincher.
- New for 2014, the 188/V9 hub has larger precision Swiss steel bearings for increased durability.
- The 188/V9 has 25 percent more torsional stiffness than a leading competitive hub.
- New “virtual 3 cross” lacing on both sides of rear wheel improves stiffness, achieving 3 cross stiffness in a 2 cross pattern with a new spoke geometry.
- New for 2014 wheels, the fully die cut matte White rim decals are borderless, thinner and lighter.
- 11-speed compatible.
- Hubs: 88 front, 188/V9 rear.
- Spokes: 18 front, 24 rear.
- Cassette compatibility: Shimano/SRAM.
- Weight: 1395g (pair), 620g (front), 775g (rear).
|Manufacturer Colour||Black/White Decals|