The Tacx Vortex is an interactive Smart trainer with an electro brake. This resistance unit is suitable for an average training level and can reach a maximum resistance of 950 Watts. Instead of using a handlebar computer you train by connecting the Vortex quickly and easily to the Tacx Cycling apps for compatible Apple or Android devices. If you want to train with a PC or laptop you can purchase the Upgrade Smart. Of the many possible training options, you can choose the software that best matches you and your way of training. The Vortex communicates wirelessly via ANT+ and Bluetooth wireless technology. You can attach your tablet or smartphone to your handlebar with a special bracket (optional).
The Vortex has proven to be extremely popular, it's the most affordable smart trainer offered by Tacx that adjusts resitance automatically. Tacx Satori Smart Trainer is cheaper, but it requires manual resistance adjustment.
- ANT+, Bluetooth and FEC compatible (basically automatically works with all wireless protocols)
- Steel roller with sound deadening rubber compound
- Quick release bike mounting
- Simulates 15% inclines
- Max resistance 950 watts
- Works with;
- Garmin GPS (520 with updates for others soon)
- Campatible software;
- Tacx Apps (Free) and PC software
- Zwift (Free beta software)
- Trainer Road
- Others coming soon!!
- Indoor winter training for real life riding simulations on a budget
- All year, Indoor power measurement and testing on a budget
There are two ways of using the trainer.
- Plug it in the wall and have a fully interactive simulator, which works with all types of third party hardware and software
- Dont plug it in and don’t use a third party accessory. Act just like a smooth flat road but the harder you go the harder it gets