|Finance Term||Interest||Cost P/M||Total|
TO APPLY FOR FINANCE PLEASE
ADD TO CART AND CHECKOUT
When Santa Cruz introduced the Bronson, it took the market by storm, redefining what people expected from a 150mm trail bike. Equally at home in the Trans-Provence as it was on The Ridge, updating and improving it was going to be no small feat.
The most visible upgrade is the completely new VPP® link arrangement. The lower link tucks neatly above the bottom bracket, fully-recessed and protected from impacts. Meanwhile the box-section upper link now mounts cleanly to the top-tube and enhances lateral stiffness as a result. Shock rate’s been refined in the process too, delivering greater small bump sensitivity and a more progressive mid-stroke.
Geometry has also evolved subtly to meet demand from riders for a bike of this ilk. The seat tube angle’s been steepened, placing the rider right above the cranks and perfectly in position to lay down the power. Meanwhile a one-degree slacker 66 degree head tube angle combines with a 20-25mm longer top tube and shorter chainstay length to create an ever more rally-ready geometry than its predecessor.
This CC-level carbon frame is every bit as stiff and strong as our C-level frame, but weighs about 280 grams less, due to the use of some lighter, stronger and more expensive carbon fibre. Using this material in key places allowed Santa Cruz to use less material overall, which is what shaves off more than half a pound from the frame.
'When it comes to finding the ideal balance between geometry and the amount of suspension travel, the designers at Santa Cruz have hit the sweet spot with the Bronson' - Pinkbike.
Click here for full review.
- Fox Factory Float X shock
- 148mm Rear Axle Spacing
- 150mm (6") VPP™ suspension
- 27.5" wheels
- Angular contact bearings maximize stiffness
- Bottle cage mount within front triangle fits piggyback shocks
- Collet axle pivots lock in place without pinch bolts
- Double sealed pivots for long bearing life
- Full carbon dropouts and disk mounts
- Full carbon frame and swingarm
- ISCG-05 tabs for chainguide compatibility
- Molded rubber swingarm and downtube protection
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Stealth and external seatpost cable routing
- Threaded Bottom Bracket