2016 Ragley Piglet MTB Frame - Grey
Introducing the next generation Ragley Piglet: updated to use 27.5” wheels!
In case you are not familiar with the Ragley range: the Piglet is the Steel version of the alloy Marley. First launched in 2009 to acclaim and rave reviews, the Piglet was designed as the more “normal” Steel trail friendly frame with a shorter fork and a slightly steeper head angle. The new Piglet is lighter, faster and smoother over rough terrain, more fun to ride, packed with more features than ever before and best of all; Ragley have reduced the price! The new Piglet offers better value for money!
Building on the success of the original, Ragley wanted the new Piglet to keep the soul of the old frame by retaining as many of the original features as possible: it is made from custom triple butted 4130 Chromoly Steel and features classic Ragley attributes such as a bolt on cable guides, 44mm head tube, 3 Finger Bridge, Taperlite seat tube and seat stay mounted disc brake calliper. To bring the frame right up to date they have added a whole host of new features such as 27.5” wheel compatibility, better tyre & stand-over clearance and stealth dropper compatibility.
Ragley’s updated trail geometry has been designed from the ground up for the new 27.5” wheel size dropping the bottom bracket to an aggressive 305mm. The 425mm chainstay length was so popular on the old frame that they redesigned the 3 finger bridge to save weight and make clearance for the bigger wheels without the need for longer stays. When coupled with a 130mm travel fork and a short stem, the 65.5 deg head angle (67 deg in the Sag), low BB, bigger wheels and revised geometry result in improved grip, a smoother ride, impeccable trail handling and stability which should see you going up, along and down faster than ever before!
The new Piglet is for people that ride with their saddle up as much as their saddle down. It is at home on any terrain: from tearing up your local singletrack, back country adventures in the middle of nowhere, smashing out runs in the Alps or racing Enduro; it will go wherever you want to take it and have you coming back for more!
Size guide/geometry chart available in additional images.
- Designed for all-mount and trail use
- Custom Triple Butted 4130 Chromoly Steel frame
- Designed for 27.5" wheels
- Accepts tyres up to 2.4" wide
- Accepts forks from 120-140mm (130mm optimum)
- Stealth dropper post compatibility
- ISCG 05 chain guide tabs
- 5 Year Warranty and lifetime crash replacement
- Bolt on Cable guides located on the underside of the top tube/down tube allow for neat and tidy adaptable routing to suit your set up.
- Head Angle: 65.5˚Static (67˚ Sagged at 25%)
- Seat Angle: 72˚
- Chain stay length: 425mm
- Seatpost: 31.6mm
- Rear Axle: 10mm x 135mm QR
- Seat Collar: 34.9mm
- Front Derailleur: 34.9mm Band Top Pull
- BB Shell: 73mm BSA
- Headset: 44mm Standard - ZS44/28.6 | EC44/40
- Colour Options: Green/Black or Grey/Black
- Wheel Size: 27.5
- Max Tyre Size: 2.4”
- Size Options: XS – 14”, S - 16”, M - 18”, L - 20”
- Weight: 6lbs/2.7kgs (18” Frame)