2016 Ragley Blue Pig MTB Frame - Black
The original steel hardcore hardtail just got better! In case you are not familiar with the Ragley range: the Bluepig is the Steel version of the Alloy Mmmbop. First launched back in 2008, the original Bluepig defined what a modern Steel hardtail frame should be: Strong, light and adaptable with confidence inspiring geometry that is huge fun to ride!
Building on the success of the original, Ragley wanted the new Blue Pig to keep the soul of the old frame by retaining as many of the original features as possible: It is still made from custom triple butted 4130 Chromoly Steel and features classic Ragley attributes such as: 44mm head tube, 3 Finger Bridge, Taperlite seat tube and chain stay mounted disc brake calliper. To bring the frame right up to date they have added a whole host of new features such as 27.5” wheel compatibility, a stiffer bolt through rear end using exchangeable dropouts which will allow you to run whichever standard you desire (142x12m or QR), better tyre & stand-over clearance and stealth dropper compatibility.
Ragley's updated trail geometry has been designed from the ground up for the new 27.5” wheel size: dropping the bottom bracket to an aggressive 305mm. The 425mm chainstay length was so popular on the old frame that they redesigned the 3 finger bridge to make clearance for the bigger wheels without the need for longer stays. When matched with a 150mm fork and a short stem, the 64˚ head angle (66˚ in the Sag), low BB, bigger wheels and revised geometry result in a long, low and planted feeling bike with improved handling, rollover and grip to really inspire confidence at speed; especially over steep and technical terrain.
The Blue Pig is a blend of DH stability and uphill tenacity. It will descend and climb with such contradiction that you will be left scratching your head! It is at home on any terrain but happiest when ridden hard, roosting turns and hammering the descents! From tearing up your local singletrack, back county adventures in the middle of nowhere, smashing out runs in the Alps or racing Enduro; it will take whatever you can throw at it!
- All Mountain/Enduro frame
- Custom triple butted 4130 Chromoly steel
- Fork range: Optimised for a 150mm fork with a tapered steerer and external lower headset cup but can accommodate 140/150/160mm forks.
- Updated Trail geometry designed for 27.5” wheels
- Taperlite Seat tube with stealth dropper compatibility.
- Three Finger” chainstay bridge is exclusive to Ragley, and allows massive tyre clearance and gives resilience to any attempted chainsuck/derailment. You can fit 27.5” wheels with 2.4in rubber without any chainring or tyre clearance issues.
- Bolt on Cable guides located on the underside of the top tube/down tube allow for neat and tidy adaptable routing to suit your set up.
- Chain stay mounted post disc brake mount (Max rotor size: 180mm)
- ISCG 05 Tabs
- 5 Year Warranty and lifetime crash replacement
- ISO 4210 Certified
- Frame comes with Formula Rear Axle, Ragley Chain stay protector and Ragley QR Seatclamp
- Head Angle: 64˚Static (66˚ Sagged at 25%)
- Seat Angle: 72˚
- Chain stay length: 425mm
- Seatpost: 31.6mm
- Rear Axle: 142x12mm Formula bolt through Axle as standard (Adaptors are available to convert to QR) – Actual axle length -159mm
- Seat Collar: 34.9mm
- Front Derailleur: 34.9mm Band Top Pull
- BB Shell: 73mm BSA
- Headset: 44mm Standard - ZS44/28.6 | EC44/40
- Colour Options: Blue/Black or Black/Orange
- Wheel Size: 27.5”
- Max Tyre Size: 2.4”
- Size Options: XS – 14”, S - 16”, M - 18”, L – 20”
- Weight: 6.5lbs/2.9kgs (18” Frame)