Nike Free 5.0 – “Everyday natural flexibility”
Inspired by the training ethos of Stanford running coach Vin Lananna, the NIKE FREE 5.0 offers unprecedented flexibility and freedom, combining a low-profile outsole with lightweight support to capture the foot’s natural range of motion and mimic the body’s evolutionary design.
This edition of the shoe, new for 2014, has been thoroughly redesigned from the upper to the sole making it one of the most minimal and natural entries in the entire NIKE FREE series. Deep hexagonal flex grooves have been added to the sole and sidewall to create barefoot-like flexibility by allowing the foot to move in multiple directions at once. While a robust, but lightweight mesh upper provides exceptional ventilation and support.
The heel of the FREE 5.0 has also been rounded to adopt a more anatomical shape, which improves gait efficiency, while traditional hotspots of the sole have been reinforced with segments of solid rubber to increase durability and counteract wear and tear. An 8mm offset between heel and forefoot also offers the perfect compromise between ride and performance, marrying natural footstrikes with greater cushioning.
Combining flexibility with speed and cushioning, the FREE 5.0 is a remarkably versatile shoe that’s suitable for a variety of workouts from short distance sprints to high-mileage runs.
Less is more. Obey your body with the NIKE FREE 5.0
- New hexagonal flex grooves let your foot move more naturally.
- Flywire-reinforced Knit mesh upper provides great ventilation and supportive fit.
- Anatomically shaped heel promotes a more natural footstrike.
- Nike Free Phylite midsole doubles as an outsole for lightweight cushioning, durability and reduced weight.
- No-sew overlays throughout provide support and durability without added weight.
|Model Number||642199 503|
|Footwear Type||Natural Running|
|Shoe Collection||Nike Free|
- Perfect fit and very light Review by Helen
Price Value Quality