The Garmin Varia Radar Rear Bike Light alerts you to vehicles approaching from behind showing you their distance and relative speed. It also brightens and flashes to alert them to your presence.
Varia helps create a safer cycling environment by warning cyclists of vehicles approaching from behind up to 140 meters. The radar tail light also warns approaching vehicles of a cyclist ahead. Integrates seamlessly with compatible Edge cycling computers. The Edge computer can show multiple approaching vehicles and indicates the relative speed of approach and threat level.
That’s why getting some extra help knowing what’s sneaking up behind you is an important breakthrough. You already use caution and check over your shoulder, especially before making turns, but Varia radar gives you an important tool by watching behind you even when you aren’t.
- First rear-view bike radar system that detects approaching vehicles up to 150 yards away.
- Connects with compatible Garmin Edge bike computers to warn cyclists of vehicles approaching.
- Indicates the relative speed of approach and distance of up to 8 vehicles.
- Tail light brightens and flashes to notify approaching vehicles of a cyclist ahead.
- Battery Life – 4 hours in high power mode.