The Racing 7 is an entry level wheel with a race-ready soul. The same Fulcrum® quality and performance as the rest of the line with advanced characteristics such as an oversized flange and Spoke Dynamic Balance technology.
Fulcrum® engineers have pushed the quality of this wheel even further incorporating an asymmetric rear rim that increases performance in terms of lateral and torsional rigidity as well as reactivity. New technological advancements are added with no compromise in weight savings as the Racing 7 is nearly 90 grams lighter than its predecessor.
Fulcrum Wheels was established by three aerospace engineers who are passionate about bicycles. The strong young company boast numerous unique patents, on-going technological research, and attractive and young-spirited design.
- The new Racing 7 for 2014 has a reduced weight of 90g and an increased reactivity of 2%.
- Steel spokes with 2mm cross-section provide high levels of tension and stiffness.
- Oversized flange on the drive side provides greater torsional stiffness, increases reactivity at each change in rhythm of the pedal stroke.
- Superior quality steel balls on sealed cylindrical bearings reduce friction and ensure consistent performance over time.
- Fulcrum brings you the perfect training/everyday use wheel in the Racing 7.
- Fulcrum 2:1 spoke ratio on rear wheel - double the number of spokes on the drive side for greater wheel stability and improved power transfer in the rear wheel. 20 straight pull steel spokes on front wheel24 on rear.
- Hubs made for straight spokes: aluminium-made and with a large flange on the drive-side of the rear wheel to increase reaction.
- Includes Fulcrum’s new Wear Indicator system so you know when the rims are nearing their limit.
- Compatibility: Shimano/SRAM.
- Weights: Front 815g, Rear 945g (not including quick release).