The Racing 5 has been re-designed for 2014 with two purposes in mind. Firstly to reduce the weight, and secondly to increase the reactivity of the wheels. The weight has been reduced by 115g overall and the reactivity is up by 4%.
Fulcrum Wheels was established by three aerospace engineers who are passionate about bicycles. The strong young company boast numerous unique patents, on-going technological research, and attractive and young-spirited design.
- Racing 5 are designed for everyday use and training. An optimum proposal from Fulcrum which guarantees excellent quality.
- Oversized hubs with flanges for blade hammer-head spokes and sealed high-quality bearings ensure smoothness.
- The rear wheel incorporates a new single-piece body which embodies the freewheel body and pawl carrier in a single component resulting in a considerable weight reduction.
- Fulcrum 2:1 spoke ratio on rear wheel - double the number of spokes on the drive side for greater wheel stability and improved power transfer in the rear wheel.
- 20 radial aero spokes on front wheel, 24 on rear.
- The wheels have two oversized spokes to balance the concentration of the rim joint material during wheel rotation, Fulcrum call this Dynamic Balance.
- The Racing 5's also have a deep upper bridge on the rim to facilitate clincher tyre fitting.
- Weights: Front 753g Rear 892g.