Redefining the perfect All-Weather performance tyre, the Grand Prix 4 Season delivers reliable security and sure-footed grip, whatever the conditions.
Today's product lines offered by Continental are built to satisfy the demands of touring cyclists, mountain bikers and racing professionals – many of the leading teams of the Tour de France ride on tyres made by the company's plant in Germany.
- Ultra-fine polyamide casing for supple all day performance.
- MaxGrip Silica tread compound is specifically optimised for wet weather grip even in low temperatures
- DuraSkin polyamide mesh layer fabric on sidewalls protects the casing against cuts, punctures and abrasion whilst only adding 10 grams per tyre
- Double Vectran breaker beltunder the tread offers unbeatable levels of puncture protection
- With the formidable combination of DuraSkin and state of the art Vectran, the cut/puncture resistance of this winter tyre is raised to the highest possible level, without compromising on weight, grip, feedback and feel
- Handmade in Germany
- Constructed from 6 plies, totalling 330 tpi
|Tyre Size||700 x 23c|
- "A tear-resistant carcass and winter rubber compound make the 4 Season a consistently strong performing winter tyre" Review by Bikeradar, November 14, 2013
Quality Price Value
The tear-resistant DuraSkin carcass is supple enough to feel fast and lively even with a very effective double puncture strip keeping sharps at bay.
It’s light and rolls well enough for wet weather racing and it has a specific winter grip rubber compound so you don’t have to back off that much when cornering, even when it’s really cold and wet.
The price is high though, and the 25 and 28 versions are more like 24 and 26mm in actual measurement terms." (Posted on 23/12/2013)