After extensive market research, feedback from commuters all over the world showed Continental that a new type of tyre was in demand. The Gatorskin tyre had filled a gap for hardcore commuters but they wanted more; MORE casing; MORE breaker; MORE protection, and that’s what you get with the Gatorskin Hardshell.
Today's product lines offered by Continental are built to satisfy the demands of touring cyclists, mountain bikers and racing professionals – indeed, many of the leading teams of the Tour de France ride on tyres made by the company's plant in Germany.
- Modelled on the famous Continental Gatorskin racing tyre, toughened up for the urban warrior.
- A third Polyamide layer in the sidewall makes a unique 3-ply casing for the Gator Hardshell.
- Wider Poly-X anti puncture breaker belt under the tread extends down into the shoulder area for excellent coverage.
- Duraskin anti-tear mesh on the outside of the casing.
- Size: 700x28c.
- Max pressure: 116 psi.
- Weight: 410g (700x28c).
|Tyre Type||Road/Racing, City/Touring, Winter|
- Good Review by Garry
Price Value Quality
- "Has tough tread and rolls well." Review by Bikeradar, November 29, 2011
Quality Price Value
The sidewalls are more vulnerable, despite a bead-to-bead Duraskin mesh, but we’ve never torn them on the road. The wire bead version is £5 cheaper. Given the kind of grimy winter bike this tyre might end up on, that option represents keener value." (Posted on 23/12/2013)