Based on the successful ctt-one, the Vaypor continues Bont’s development in shoe technology. Whilst maintaining the lateral forefoot support synonymous with all Bont cycling shoe models, the Vaypor now has a reduced carbon height around the toe box area and an all new Suede L liner.
The base is made by hand, sandwiching cross weave carbon and uni-directional carbon fiber which is embedded with epoxy thermo-setting resin. The fibers are hand laid in the matrix according to the strain they will have to bear. Super Mold Technology allows you to obtain a custom fit from a stock boot.
- The Bont Vaypor incorporates the a-one’s industry leading stack height, strength to weight ratio and power transfer.
- Cleat micro grid has been included to provide riders with the ability to fine tune their cleat placement.
- Low profile, micro adjustable buckles have been fitted. Buckles and ladders are fully replaceable, with 3 lengths of ladders available to ensure proper fit.
- Replaceable sole guards & buckles have been designed for maximum grip and are replaceable.
- Between the outer skin and the liner is a material that is proprietary to Bont to stop the cycling shoe from stretching over time. This material has similar strength characteristics to Kevlar. The material is stitched to the outer skin and bonded to the liner so it can never move or be removed, it becomes part of the cycling shoes structure. This layer assits in pedalling efficiency by maintaining a supportive structure over the top of the foot in the upward part of the pedal stroke.
- A last is a replica of a foot that the cycling shoe is built around. Perfecting a cycling shoe last requires a great deal of expertise in functional biomechanics and ongoing research. Bont place more importance and thus place more effort into the last than any other cycling shoe brand.
- The Vaypor utilises closed cell memory foam that will not retain water assisting in maintaining a lighter shoe during wet conditions as well as ensuring sweat which can begin to break down the durability of the shoe is not absorbed.
- The toe protector not only protects the front area of the shoe from wheel rub and impact, but also houses ventilation holes for improving airflow through the shoe.
- All Bont cycling shoes are able to be molded over the entire chasis providing cyclist not only with the most anatomically designed cycling shoe on the market today, but also with the ability to fine tune the fit of the entire shoe to give a customised fit.
- Structural medial longitudinal arch support is provided to stop over pronation of feet. Over pronation is one of the main contributors to incorrect tracking of knees during a cyclists pedaling phase due to internal rotation of tibia and femur, which can result in knee injuries.
- Bont cycling shoes anatomical shaping allows the foot to function in its most efficient and anatomically correct position. The foot is supported in its endeavour to relax through the metatarsal joints allowing the pedalling force to be spread across the greatest possible surface area.
- The anatomical heel cup shaping of Bont cycling shoes provides increased stability during the pull through stage of pedaling stroke and up stroke. This stabilization is achieved without any mechanical operation or over tightening of straps/laces allowing for increased comfort and blood circulation.
- Bont’s lateral forefoot support ensures neutral positioning of the forefoot and alleviates common issues associated with over pronation and supination. These issues often result in incorrect tracking of knees causing injuries along with hip and lower back pain.
|Season||Spring 2014, Summer 2014|