Asics GT-2000 2
More of a revision than a complete overhaul, the latest entry in ASICS’ hugely popular GT series offers serious runners all the features they’ve grown to love, but with a few tweaks and refinements thrown in for good measure.
Retaining the characteristics that made the original GT-2170 such a hit, ASICS have improved on their initial design with a back-to-basics approach for the GT-2000 2 that incorporates a host of new technologies.
Although the midsole remains largely unchanged, the new GT-2000 does employ a slight drop in heel-to-toe differential designed to encourage a more neutral running strike among MODERATE OVERPRONATORS. The latest version of the shoe also incorporates ASICS’ dual-layered FLUIDRIDE support system which reduces weight without sacrificing ride quality or shock absorption.
ASICS have also upped the amount of GEL® Cushioning integrated in key impact areas of the heel and forefoot, while a redesigned mesh upper ensures the shoe stays firmly in place throughout the gait cycle. A reduction in stitching, coupled with new welded overlays, means the likelihood of blistering and irritation is also reduced.
Structured support comes in the form of ASICS’ Dynamic DuoMax System while an updated Guidance Line encourages smoother strides and a more efficient running gait.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Rearfoot and Forefoot Gel Cushioning Systems attenuate shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- Guidance line utilises a vertical flex groove to decouple the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- Guidance Trusstic System integrates Guidance Line construction for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity.
- Impact Guidance System employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Durasponge Outsole: A blown AHARrubber compound for enhanced cushioning and durability in the forefoot.
- The ComforDry sockliner provides the optimum cushioning performance that creates a cooler, drier and healthier shoe environment.
- AHAR or Asics High Abrasion Rubber is placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
- Dynamic DuoMax Support System enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
|Model Number||T3P8N 9099|
|Footwear Type||Structured & Support|
|Shoe Collection||Asics GT 2000|
|Season||Spring 2014, Summer 2014|
- Great support running shoe. Review by Ann
Price Value Quality
if my size was available.
(Posted on 20/11/2014)
- Grreat! Review by Lars
Price Value Quality
- Quality shoes Review by Sophie
Quality Price Value