The Asics Gel Sonoma 2 Mens Running Shoes follows its predecessor in a rugged and durable design. With an open mesh upper that layers as the primary material, allowing air to permeate the interior keeping the wearers feet feeling cool and comfortable. Integrated over the fibre’s, Synthetic leather holds the mesh layers together and form a structured control to improve the fit of the shoe and also helps reduce wear and tear through torsion. Working alongside the leather cage, abrasion resistant textiles act upon rough terrains with an engagement in rocks and roots to reduce their effects and keeping the overall structure of the shoe intact.
There is a traditional lacing system and padded heel collar to form a snug and comfortable fit while Step-in comfort is enhanced with the padded tongue and California Slip Lasting which connects the upper to the midsole for a stabilised and supportive ride. The design of the Asics GEL Sonoma also boasts 3M reflectivity.
The midsole of the Asics GEL Sonoma features cushioning technologies to protect the feet from uneven surfaces and rough terrain. The midsole is constructed of SpEVA material, a subtle EVA compound that reduces forces pushed upon the underfoot for a clean, well balanced stride. At the forefoot a GEL cushioning system enhances shock attenuation during propulsion and a Trusstic System to enhance energy return, protection and transition from heel strike to toe- off.
The outsole of the Gel-Sonoma 2 Running Shoe features AHAR+ blown rubber material for enhanced durability, high wear resistance on uneven terrains and superb traction on a variety of terrains during trail running. So Slippery, unstable or rugged ground on the underfoot is of little significance as these shoes allow you to continue to perform at an exceptionally high standard throughout.
- Mesh structure - For breathability and a lightweight feel.
- Synthetic leather overlays - Provides abrasion resistant properties and structural support.
- California Slip Lasting - For stability and comfort. Upper is stitched around a canvas or EVA board and directly attached to the midsole.
- SpEVA - Midsole cushioning compound that reduces forces upon the underfoot.
- Forefoot GEL® Cushioning System - Enhances shock attenuation during propulsion.
- Trustic System® - Reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoes.
- AHAR+ - New blown AHAR outsole material. Delivers enhanced cushioning, durability and ride to the foot.
- 3M Reflective - Reflective material produced by 3M company, for night safety.
|Model Number||T634N 9099|
|Manufacturer Colour||Black / Onyx / Flash Yellow|
|Footwear Type||Offroad & Trail|
|Season||Spring 2015, Summer 2015|
- good purchase for my husbands 1st go at running Review by Linda
Value Quality Price