Asics Gel Nimbus 17 Lite-Show – "Fits and feels like a runner’s dream"
More revolution than evolution, the 17th entry in Asics’ ever-popular Gel-Nimbus Series represents a landmark moment in the shoe’s history; offering the plushest ride to date along with a severe reduction in weight and a host of new technologies to boot. Trust us, this is one upgrade you won’t want to miss!
First and foremost weight really does take centre stage – and even though the Nimbus was never a particularly heavy shoe – Asics have managed to cut more than half an ounce from the Nimbus 17, making it the lightest entry in the shoe’s 10yr+ history at an astonishing 10.8 oz.
But despite the crash course diet the Nimbus 17 still retains that signature pillowy-soft ride thanks to extended Gel Cushioning Units at the heel and forefoot and a revised Fluidride Midsole Platform.
Long-standing Asics fans will probably be familiar with the manufacturer’s Silicone-based Gel-Cushioning System (for the uninitiated, it’s awesome!) but even devout followers may not be up to speed with Fluidride – Asics’ most sophisticated midsole platform to date.
Using a combination of SpEVA and EVA, Fluidride delivers the ultimate in cushioning and bounce-back for an ultra-plush, luxurious ride and unparalleled comfort from the first mile to the last.
A new, nearly seamless FluidFit Upper also provides exceptional comfort through the top of the shoe, combining Engineered Stretch Mesh with Strategically-placed Overlays to create a glove-like fit that hugs, moves and stretches with the foot.
Independently-placed Eyelets also distribute lace tension more effectively across the top of the foot, enhancing upper comfort still further, as does the new ComforDry X-40 Sockliner which rides atop the Nimbus 17’s full-length ComforDry Lasting.
And, as always, with Asics’ famous Gel Cushioning you get maximum shock absorption and unrivalled impact protection. What’s more, the Nimbus 17 also comes a Seal of Acceptance from the American Podiatric Medical Association so you know it’s good!
This "Lite-Show" edition of the Nimbus 17 also boasts better low-light visibility thanks to the inclusion of Reflective Accents throughout the upper and Glow-in-the-Dark treated Gel.
All these features combine to deliver a running experience that’ll feel like you’re running on air.
Asics – The Runner’s Choice.
- FluidRide® - FluidRide® provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Cushioning Systems - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- FluidFit™ - ASICS FluidFit™ upper technology combines multi-directional stretch mesh with stretch reinforcements that adapt to the athlete's foot, creating a truly customized glove-like fit.
- Heel Clutching System™ - Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
- Seamless Construction - The use of seamless materials reduces the potential for irritation and friction caused by traditional stitches and seams.
- Discrete Eyelets - Independently placed eyelets disburse lace tension, creating a customized fitting environment and enhanced upper comfort.
- Guidance Line® - Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- Guidance Trusstic System® - This Trusstic System® integrates Guidance Line® construction for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity.
- ComforDry Lasting - This premium insole features plush underfoot comfort while providing excellent moisture management, high-level breathability, and anticrobial properties.
- ComforDry X-40 Sockliner - This premium sockliner features higher rebound properties while providing excellent moisture management, high-level breathability, and anticrobial properties.
Buy Asics Gel Nimbus from Start Fitness the UK's largest running and fitness specialist.
Start Right. Train Right - Start Fitness.
|Model Number||T56NQ 2121|
|Manufacturer Colour||Hot Pink / Black|
|Footwear Type||Neutral & Cushioning|
|Shoe Collection||Asics Gel Nimbus|
|Season||Autumn 2015, Winter 2015|
- Very cushiony Review by Cathy
Value Quality Price
- If only all shoes could be this comfortable! Review by Kathryn
Quality Price Value
The shoe is very cushioned so an excellent shock absorber for the knees, as well as the feet. They're also extremely light.
I wouldn't look at any other running shoe now. (Posted on 21/04/2016)
- I like the new fabric, feels lighter than previous model. Review by LISA
Price Value Quality
- excellent value. would defintely buy again Review by Karen
Quality Price Value