Asics Gel-DS Trainer 20 – "Shave seconds off your time and go for a new PB"
Kitted out with everything you need for blistering speed and unparalleled lightweight support, the all-new Asics Gel-DS 20 picks up where its predecessor left-off. Retaining all the features that have made Asics' Gel-DS Series so popular, but with a few tweaks and refinements thrown-in for good measure – chief among which is a massive reduction in weight.
Long-standing fans will know the Gel-DS has always been revered for the way it blends mild support with a speedy ride, but with this edition Asics have really outdone themselves combining an 11% Reduction in Weight with a new Propulsion Trusstic that drives the foot forward with greater efficacy. The result is one of the best up-tempo, performance running shoes in the world. A shoe that’ll shave seconds off your PB whether you’re training once-a-week or eyeing your first sub-3 marathon.
The re-engineered Mesh and Synthetic Upper offers extreme breathability and exceptional lightweight support throughout, while Seamless Construction ensures the wearer stays cool, comfortable and irritation-free from the first mile to the last.
The midsole also utilizes a host of technical features in order to produce peerless ride quality and maximum shock absorption. These include a top-of-the-line SoLyte Material for optimum cushioning and responsiveness and a sophisticated Impact Guidance System for smoother transitions from heel-to-toe. There’s also a Dynamic DuoMax System to counteract excessive roll among mild to moderate overpronators.
Unsurprisingly Asics’ famous Gel Cushioning remains a stalwart, but overpronators looking for speed will applaud the new outsole configuration which incorporates a super-lightweight DuoSole for improved flexibility and traction.
If speed’s your thing, the Asics Gel-DS 20 certainly delivers. Asics – The Runner’s Choice.
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.) - ASICS® design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natual gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Removable Sockliner - EVA sockliner moulded to the shape of the foot, which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- AHAR+ - New blown AHAR outsole material. Delivers enhanced cushioning, durability and ride to the foot.
- Duosole Outsole - Outsole construction that offers lightweight flexibility and traction.
- Clutch Counter - Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
- Light AHAR sponge - A blown AHAR rubber outsole material with high abrasion-resistant qualities for added durability, combined with a comfortable, cushioned ride.
- California Slip Lasting - For stability and comfort. Upper is stitched around a canvas or EVA board and directly attached to the midsole.
- Dynamic Duomax - Next generation DuoMax system provides greater comfort and enhances gait efficiency.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Cushioning System - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- 3M Reflective - Reflective material produced by 3M company, for night safety.
- Solyte® Midsole Material - A lighter weight midsole compound than ASICS' standard EVA and SpEVA®. Also fetures enhanced cushioning and durability.
- Propulsion Trusstic - Mimics connective tissue in the foot by creating tension as foot enters propulsion stage.
- ComforDry™ Sockliner - Removable sockliner that provides cushioning performance and anti-microbial properties for a cooler, dryer, healthier environment.
Buy Asics Women's Footwear from Start Fitness the UK's largest running and fitness specialist
Start Right. Train Right - Start Fitness.
|Model Number||T578N 4707|
|Manufacturer Colour||Powder Blue / Flash Yellow / Hot Pink|
|Footwear Type||Lightweight & Racers|
|Season||Autumn 2015, Winter 2015|
- Very good value Review by Isabella
Quality Price Value